Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturdays // Table for One

First a quick note about Justin's Saturdays, then my experience celebrating my first wedding anniversary...solo!

Seinfeld Saturdays. This is pretty self-explanatory. Justin's mom helped me locate discounted copies of all nine seasons of Seinfeld for Justin to take with him. Of course he is not limited to watching them  on Saturdays, but my creativity (and time) had reached its limit for this iPad project!

As for me, I planned a date with myself today. I highly recommend this to other women. I think it will show you a lot about yourself. For me, I'm sure it helps that I grew up very independent--partly from being an only child, and partly from having a disabled Mom that couldn't entertain me every waking moment. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my day. Oh and the occasion for this date? My anniversary is TOMORROW!

I started off with a trip to the mall for a little retail therapy

I caught a matinee showing of Something Borrowed, starring Kate Hudson (love her!) Ginnifer Godwin, some other guy, and John Krasinski (The Office). I loved the movie, even though it wasn't as good as the book--but what movie ever is? I didn't come with any expectations and I really liked it. I can say, however, that I was not expecting this:


That's right. It was completely, 100% empty. Am I not alone enough already?!
The good side of that is this:


...putting your feet up without bothering anyone in front of you. Also, sitting front and center!

After the movie I headed to a spa near my house for a one-hour swedish massage. Special thanks to my mother-in-law for the birthday gift card that paid for it! 


One swedish massage and an hour later I was starving, so I walked across the street to Baker's Crust (local cafe) and requested a table for one. I've heard nothing but great things about it since moving here and have been dying to try it. I chose a soup/sandwich combo--crab corn chowder and chicken guacamole on jalapeno cheddar bread. 


Unfortunately it was not as good as I'd heard. The sandwich was dry and tasted pre-made and reheated. The soup was okay, nevermind the price. Next time I'll stick to Panera. Nevertheless, I was not discouraged from saying yes to a giant slice of chocolate cake!


It was my best effort to make up for not getting any groom's cake at my own wedding but, not surprisingly, the cake wasn't much better than the meal. Disappointing!

I left the cafe to spend the rest of my day at home relaxing and watching television and reading Love the One You're With, my new Emily Giffin book. Overall it was a nice day, but I would trade it all in an instant for an hour of doing absolutely nothing with my hubby, and I know he'd agree!

Fair winds and following seas!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment