Friday, May 13, 2011

Sweet Surprises!

Today is Friday, which means yours truly has the day off to be completely productive, wash clothes, clean the dishes...

Oh wait, what am I saying? It wouldn't be a DAY OFF if I spent it doing any of those things! As I mentioned, I am an accountant and I love my job. I only work Fridays during tax season. This means three-day weekends from now until Christmas! This also means that my Memorial Day weekend will be a FOUR day weekend. This knowledge has given me a severe case of travel itch! I've been throwing around ideas since Justin left about what to do with four whole days to myself--Home? Alabama? Georgia? Beach? Somewhere new? Bed and Breakfast!?! 

Turns out fate answered my question! My awesome Uncle Jim texted me this morning to ask if he could fly me down to Atlanta to spend the weekend with him and two of my cousins. Hold on while I contemplate...

YES!

As if this day couldn't get any better--while I'm searching for itineraries for him to consider, I hear a knock on my door. I'm definitely not expecting anyone and extremely surprised to find a flower delivery guy holding a huge vase of flowers! Who is sending me flowers? Only the sweetest husband in the whole world, that's who!


One of the ways Justin and I have chosen to help stay close in spirit during this deployment is taking "The Love Dare" a 40-day devotional aimed at bringing couples closer together through a series of daily dares. We originally passed over this book thinking we could not get the full value out of the book without being physically together. Then a few weeks ago I ran across the website Excellent or Praiseworthy and discovered they had adapted the book specifically for deployments! I was so excited I immediately went out and bought two copies of the book. Today's dare required buying something for your spouse. The flowers were his purchase for me!

Needless to say, it's been a great Friday so far and I absolutely cannot wait to see my precious Georgia family!

Auburn (65) - Arkansas (43) Football Game, Oct 2010

Fair winds and following seas!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment