Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesdays

Wednesday is GREETING CARD DAY!

This excites me because I love greeting cards. I'm that weird person that saves all those birthday, Christmas, or whatever cards. I also believe that picking out a great card takes time and consideration. Be prepared to spend at least an hour with me at Target when I have 4 friends (congratulations Bethany, Ben, Britney, and Danielle!) graduating simultaneously. I just think there is something really special about finding a perfect card that seems uniquely made for the person you are shopping for.

It shouldn't come as a surprise, then, that I love to send cards with Justin when he leaves for any stretch of time. But I am realistic and knew I couldn't send a card for everyday he was deployed because that would just be crazy! So I settled for one per week...and that's how I ended up with this whole "thing for each day" plan I've been blogging about.  Despite my best intentions, I was still working up to the last minute to finish the first 15 cards because I put as much thought into the inscriptions as I do the cards themselves. Thankfully this was the one thing that did NOT have to go on the iPad itself so I will be shipping him a second installment of cards in a few months.

I would also like to take a moment to brag on my hubby. He is so good to me. He knows how sentimental I am, so he hangs on to all these dorky cards I buy him and brings them home for me. I promise I'm not a hoarder! Those are just precious love letters and I want to hold on to them :)

He really is great, though. Otherwise, I wouldn't do THIS:


Finally, a mini-victory: it has been one week since Justin deployed.
If all the weeks pass as quickly as this one, this deployment will be over in no time!

Fair winds and following seas!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment