Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesdays (and Thursdays)

For the past couple of days, I've been explaining what types of things Justin can expect to find on his iPad each day of the week while he is deployed. As I mentioned on Sunday, Justin won't really have any form of church or spiritual community on his ship, so...

To encourage him to remain in God's word, I have provided him with short devotionals (courtesy of Our Daily Bread) for Tuesdays and Thursdays. I've done my best to find devotionals that go along with the fruit of the spirit "theme" for that week/month. The focus for May is "joy".

To help him still feel connected to me while he's away, I have recorded myself reading the devotionals. We have always really enjoyed the precious time reading our devotional together before bed. It's great to know we are reading the same devotional when we're apart, but I hoped that hearing me read it would help him feel that we are doing this together.

Here's today's devotional:

(click image for full text)

Fair winds and following seas!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment